My husband and I were very fortunate to celebrate my birthday in Italy this year! While prepping four our first trip to Europe, I spent some time researching and reading about things to take, where to stay and what to eat. As I love to travel, I am always on the hunt for the best travel accessories. Here are a few essentials that helped our trip run smoothly!
1. Briggs & Riley Luggage: Once I booked the trip to Italy, we decided it was time to invest in durable luggage. Our new Briggs & Riley pieces held up nicely through numerous airports and three cities! For our trip in March we brought along the large spinner, carry-on domestic spinner and cabin spinner.
2. Travelon Anti-Theft Messenger Bag: The Travelon Messenger Bag was a great find via Amazon. The messenger bag easily held my iPad mini, a bottle of water, our maps and many other items. The bag has security features that made us feel safe carrying around our passport, which is needed in order to take advantage of the tax-free shopping.
3. Canon Digital SLR Camera: A few years ago I invested in a Canon digital SLR camera. The camera always captures the best images! I can’t wait to share a few of my favorites from our trip!
4. Burberry Scarf: The temperature in Italy was a little cooler than I anticipated. I was fortunate to have my scarf to keep me warm throughout the day.
5. Lenovo Yoga 2 Laptop: For Christmas I purchased my hubby a new laptop. After researching a few makes and models, I decided on the Lenovo Yoga 2. As my husband and I are both workaholics, we were able to stay in touch with our daughter and clients easily via the laptop. The best part about the laptop is that it is super lightweight and doubles as a tablet!
6. Dream Essentials Sleep Mask: I knew that I wanted to sleep during the duration of our long flights. I found an eye mask and ear plug set that worked out great!
7. Global Entry Program: The customs lines seem to have gotten out of control lately. I am so thankful that the Global Entry program is now available to expedite the entry process! I look forward to skipping the customs and TSA lines on our next trip!
8. Popout Maps: I purchased popout maps for all three of our destinations (Venice, Florence and Rome). The maps came in handy at each location.
9. Beats by Dre Wireless Headphones: My Beats by Dre wireless headphones provided the perfect barrier from the noisy airplane passengers.
10. Currency Converter App: The currency converter app on my iPhone was key to figuring out how much we were really paying for our meals and merchandise.
11. Eagle Creek Packing Cubes: For years I considered purchasing packing cubes. I finally pulled the trigger and purchased two sets of the Eagle Creek packing cubes. Boy am I glad I did! I ironed all on my clothes prior to my departure and our clothes stayed pressed and folded throughout the entire trip!
12. Aeris Memory Foam Travel Pillow: I am not the biggest fan of the airline’s free pillow and blanket. I purchased a memory foam pillow to aid in my comfort on our long flight and train rides. The best part about the pillow is that it folded down nicely and attached to our luggage.
Tell us, what do you pack when you travel?