Can you believe August is coming to an end? Surprisingly, this has been one busy August! I’ve had the pleasure of fellowshipping and spending time with my closest friends, but also lost my grandfather and great-grandmother within a week of each other. There has been lots of wedding goodness to include styled shoots, gorgeous weddings and tons of summertime fun with my little one. This weekend in particular was a world wind. We had Mary and Loren’s wedding rehearsal, their wedding, a funeral, church service with dear friends and I hosted my best friend/Event Manager’s birthday party in my home. One of the biggest hits of the party was the signature drink that we selected. My friend Rachel recommended Rachel Ray’s Champagne, Darling? Freezes. The cocktail was refreshing and super delicious! As we enjoy these last few days of August, be sure to take a sip (or two) of something new!
- 4 scoops lemon sorbet (we substituted with Luigis Italian Ice)
- 2 ounces chilled vodka, citrus vodka or limoncello (we used Bacardi Limon).
- 2 ounces prosecco or other sparkling wine or Champagne
- 2 sprigs fresh mint for garnish
- Blend lemon sorbet on low speed and pour in vodka or lemon liqueur in a slow stream.
- Add prosecco or Champagne.
- Pour cocktails into a chilled martini glass and serve, garnished with a sprig of mint.