After an amazing first day of Opening Sessions, I was super anxious to start Day 2. The amazing Breakers staff greeted the attendees with a fresh and eclectic breakfast.
As soon as the doors opened to the ballroom I was excited to start the day. Our day was packed with the best of the best in the industry. Cindy Novotny kicked off the sessions and was the moderator for the remaining sessions. Here are a few of my favorite takeaways from Day 2’s speakers:
1. Cindy Novotny: Relationships Matter. Be different! Improve the client experience.
2. Liene Stevens of Think Splendid: It’s a big difference from being a critical thinker and having a critical spirit. I was fortunate enough to be sketched by the very talented Kristy Rice for Liene’s presentation. (Image below)
3. Sylvia Weinstock: You have to be proud of every product. You’re only as good as your team. MAKE EVERYDAY COUNT!
4. Darcy Miller of Martha Stewart Weddings: Details make it special!
5. Mindy Weiss: Less is more right now. If you marry a man or woman who understands our lifestyle, do whatever it takes to hold onto them.
6. Lara Casey of Southern Weddings Magazine (and the woman behind my gorgeous new brand!): Know your story. Identify your core. Do more of what fires you up and see how it affects your work. Take risks for what matters. I want a marriage more beautiful than my wedding.
7. Colin Cowie: Love never goes out of style.
We enjoyed a lunch at the Seaside restaurant overlooking the ocean. I had the pleasure of dining with celebrity photographer Kevin Weinstein who photographed Mario Lopez’s wedding. I also spent some time getting to know Stephanie Snow who works with Ellen Black of Lehr & Black.
By far the highlight of my trip was having the privilege of dining with Mindy Weiss and a host of other Engage!12 attendees. Victoria Angela took this photo of Mindy and I at the conclusion of our intimate and eye opening dinner.
After dinner we headed back to the Breakers for a dessert party. The courtyard of the Breakers was turned into a winter wonderland complete with ice sculptured penguins and snow!
Stay Tuned for my Day 3 recap!
Day 2 Recap Video courtesy of the super talented team at I Do Films.