A few months back while browsing Pinterest, I came across a recipe for a homemade citrus scrub that I immediately pinned. I purchased the four ingredients, made up a few batches and shared with a few of my friends. One friend raved how soft her hands instantly became after using the scrub. The other really enjoyed the natural clean scent of the scrub. For my recent birthday celebration, my best friend handmade fifteen citrus scrub favors for my guests. The citrus scrub favors are great for bridal showers or other small parties. Below is the recipe and list of ingredients. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 5 min
½ cup coarse sea salt
½ cup sweet almond oil (can substitute light olive oil or vegetable oil)
½ teaspoon lemon zest
½ teaspoon orange zest
Directions: In a medium dry bowl, combine all ingredients making sure to not let any water touch them as it will dissolve the salt. Pour mixture into an airtight container and store in a cool dry place.
To use: Just before showering, swirl ingredients together with your fingertips to mix. Clean body completely and just before exiting shower, apply Citrus Salt Body Scrub to body in a firm circular scrubbing motion with hands or a soft washcloth. Rinse off the mixture and pat body dry with a clean towel.
In our new series: “Get to Know Your Planner,” I reveal five random facts about myself. Maybe we will have something in common?
1. I’m named after both my parents: George + Myra=Geomyra. [Pronounced Ja-mahy-ruh].
2. I’m a diehard Washington Redskins and Washington Caps fan. (I always root for my home teams)
3. My favorite part of the wedding day is witnessing the last dance. Months of planning, nurturing and execution are reflected in that moment. The last dance symbolizes the end of one chapter and the beginning of another.
4. I’m a dessert fanatic. I always ask for the dessert menu in a restaurant and 9 times out of 10, no matter how full I am, I will order something from the menu.
5. I love peanut butter and jelly sandwiches and can eat them every day. The catch is, my sandwich has to be cut in four sections, and I prefer my PB&J with a glass of chocolate milk. (I don’t drink white milk).
Until next time!
My signature cocktail is a Margarita. (Patron margarita, on the rocks with salt to be exact). When planning an event, I like for the signature cocktail to fit the theme or color scheme of the event. A traditional margarita usually has a greenish, yellowish tint however, don’t be dismayed! There are tons of margarita recipes with a hue sure to match your color scheme. If you are looking for a signature cocktail for your wedding or party, be sure to try one of the unique and delicious margarita recipes below.
1. Pink Grapefruit Margarita, 2. Blackberry Margarita, 3. Blue Margarita,4. Passion Fruit Margarita, 5. Traditional Margarita
I’m excited to feature my favorite registry items in a new series titled “Registry Love.” One of my favorite parts of planning my own wedding was registering for gifts. I was excited to select items with my husband that we’d use in the home we were building together. One of the mottos that I live by is “Quality of Quantity.” As a result, I like to shop for key pieces and items that will last a lifetime. Below are a few baking essentials from one of my favorite stores, Williams-Sonoma. As a baker enthusiast, I die when the catalog arrives in my mailbox! Tell us, what items are you including on your wedding registry?
- NFL™ Washington Redskins Adult & Kids Apron: A must for this die-heart Redskin’s fan.
- Williams-Sonoma Goldtouch® Nonstick 6-Piece Essentials Bakeware Set: The perfect set to start off your bakeware collection.
- Adjustable Measuring Tablespoon: Compact and convenient. I love this thing!
- Glass Prep Bowls, Set of 8: These bowls help me keep track of the numerous ingredients that go into the detailed recipes I have been attempting lately.
- KitchenAid Artisan Susan G. Komen Stand Mixer, Raspberry Ice: My KitchenAid mixer has to be the best investment I have made in my kitchen to date. I love the Raspberry Ice color as it reminds me of my mom and the continuous fight to find a cure for breast cancer.
- Personalized Silicone Spatulas & Spoonulas: Nothing beats a good spatula for mixing and final prep. Even better, these spatulas are personalized.
Although the weather in Virginia is still trying to grasp the concept, spring is finally here! Even better, Easter is this weekend! Essie, (my favorite nail polish brand) has plenty of hues that will add to any outfit. Essie’s French Affair, Mint Candy Apple and Barbuda Banana colors inspired the board I put together below. Wishing you a blessed and safe Resurrection weekend from the GLWE team.
French Affair, Barmuda Banana, Mint Candy Apple, Jeans, Scarf, Burberry Dress, Chanel Purse, Tom’s Shoes,La Mer Watch